In 1959 five rural schools in Morrison were consolidated into one school. The construction of Morrison Public School began on April 27, 1959. Mr. Gerald B. Cox of North Bay was the architect.
The school was opened for classes on September 8, 1959. The Official Opening Ceremonies took place on December 2, 1959. The school at that time had a principal, 3 teachers, 1 supply teacher and a music supervisor.
In 1979 Morrison Public School was renamed K.P. Manson Public School after Katie P. Manson who was the school’s principal from 1959-1979.
Pictures and more information are located in our school library.